Tips to choose super king quilt covers
Your bed will be where you will spend most of your life; about a third of your day will be spent sleeping, so it makes sense to make sure you are comfortable while you do this. Obviously, the main aspect of a comfortable bed is the mattress, but the right blanket sets can play an important role too. We’ve highlighted some additional factors to consider when shopping for new duvet covers.
The size of your bed
Obviously, this will be another important factor in the choice you make. It doesn’t make sense to look for a set of sheets that you like if they don’t fit your bed at all. Most people know whether they have a double bed or a large bed, but it is still advisable to measure it as the size may vary depending on the product you buy. Choosing the right size for a blanket can have a significant impact on the quality of your sleep if it is too small and you may wake up without a cover, if it is too large and you may find yourself overwhelmed by the sheets.
Color and style
Obviously, one of the first factors that will influence your decision when purchasing a cover is its color and design. You should buy something that will easily blend in with the rest of your bedroom. The best way to do this is to buy super king quilt covers online in more neutral colors or similar in color to other parts of the room. If you don’t take that into account, you end up with a bed that will act like a sore thumb compared to the rest of your room.
Number of threads
The number of threads, along with the material itself, is the most important factor in determining the quality and softness of your covers. The counter refers to the amount of yarn in each square inch of your deck, and the fewer the strands, the coarser the texture of the deck will be. Getting sheets with more filaments will mean that they will be more comfortable, but it can also mean that they will cost more and will wear out more.
When creating a patchwork quilt, keep in mind:
- Edge: solid color, with ruffles, boxing or additional skirt underneath.
- Bed design – how will the blanket sit over the mattress and become part of the bed design? Is the blanket flat or will it needs to be tucked in?
- Pillows: Will duvet covers or matching pillows complement the bedspread?
- Will the fabric wear off before or after construction? Personally, I prefer to wash the materials before building to remove excess stains and control shrinkage.
- Measurements must be accurate whether it is solid or patterned. Decide if you are going to make a patchwork quilt or a patchwork quilt. Will you be making pillowcases or quilted pillowcases?